Reading: Still going fabulous. And Joshua's attempting to read independently more often now. He reads everything in the stores - the signs, the food packages, the balloons in the floral department.
Math: Joshua focused on subtraction for the first part of the week, and then started a unit based on the numbers between 11-100. He's also learning how to estimate which cup is holding more, or which stack has more pennies in it.
Phonics: We worked more with the short a sound this week.
Art: We combined art with learning about verbs. Joshua cut out 10 pages of people doing active things and made a collage with the pictures.
I know we did history, science, a biography and a few other things this week, but they are slipping my mind, and all the homeschool stuff is put away for the weekend.
Daniel asked for a sandwich for snack today. I gave him the option of an orange or a banana and he said "peanut butter sandwich". Now, ordinarilly I wouldn't allow him to choose something that hasn't been offered, but he was signing please and it's the end of a really long week, so I gave in.
Megan was so sweet tonight. I was helping Joshua get all settled in bed and Megan said, "Mom, no worries, I'll read to Daniel." So she pulled the comforter off her bed and "read" to Daniel while he flossed his teeth with an alligator flosser.
Things to note:
-Megan is reading a get-well card that her friend Jordan made for her.
- Yes, she wears shorts to bed. Is it really worth the fight? At least it's not the Snow White costume.
- Absolutely none of Daniel's teeth actually touch, however, he loves to floss because he watches me do it.
- Daniel is holding his Buddy Bear, which he now considers his baby.
- The tinker toys - the one with the wheel on the end is a flower that Megan made, the other tinker toy is a sword that Daniel made.
- That's Bunny Foo Foo peeking over Megan's right knee.