Saturday, March 29, 2008

A day of chores

The kids and I got up and went to the grocery store this morning. Megan has been very sensitive lately, so I was bracing myself for her to misbehave at the store today. However, she was just a little darling. She sat up in the seat of the grocery card and held the list for me. Daniel road in the truck part (I have such a dislike for these carts, they are a monstrosity to try to push through the store). Everyone did great...until check out time. Daniel decided he wanted to get out of the truck just as I am handing the cashier our coupons, Safeway card and my debit card, so that I can go grab him. Daniel decided that he wanted to grab some batteries from near the service desk and he would not let go of them. I jerked them out of his hands to which he screamed like I was killing him. The cashier gave me my receipt and debit card back and then I was out the door pushing the truck cart with one hand and holding a kicking and screaming Daniel with the other hand and telling Joshua to stop walking in front of the cart as I run him over for the 57th time that day. Of course, this is Kodiak, so I had to pass at least 8 people I know on my short walk from the store to the car. I chuckled about it the whole way home. For the most part, they are great kids, I think the stress of the move is rubbing off on them.
The kids have been after me to make cookies for a few days now. Finally today, we had sugar cookies with M&Ms in them. That made everyone smile.

Joshua enjoyed the unique reflections of light from the cups on the table today. The sun comes through the windows at an angle this time of year.
I made some carrot-banana muffins tonight after dinner to have for breakfast in the morning. Tonight during Daniel's bedtime prayer, all I could hear was "mumble, mumble, mumble, I want to eat muffins, mumble, mumble, Amen". He's so funny, it more than made up for his little meltdown this morning.

4 comments:

Becca and Jason said...

Mmmmm... muffins! Off to check the snack blog for details!
Becca

Lisa said...

Looks like you've been busy! A cook I'm not but mmm muffins.

Lisa x

Zoya, Patrick, Nora and Stuart said...

Mary,

Your grocery store is TOO funny!!

The same thing happened with Nora yesterday at Safeway. She did great the entire time until we get out to the car, then she lost it...I think she didn't want to get into her car seat. I never did really figure out what she wanted.

Anyhow, all I wanted to do was get her strapped in and close the doors so the screaming could be contained and I just hoped no one I knew would walk by!! :) Gotta love Kodiak.

Its those funny parenting moments that bond us moms together! :) Safeway is such a recipe for disaster with kids. Too much stimuli and temptations I suppose!

Zoya

Mrs. Darling said...

Muffins sound good! I love that pic of the sunlight through the glass!