Saturday, March 15, 2008

Some funnies from today

After a busy morning of yet more phone calls from potential home-buyers and faxing the floor plans and emailing pictures, I decided we all needed a break from the phone and the computer for a bit.

I loaded the kids up and we went out joy-riding around town. (Yes, I know the price of gas is insane, but joyriding in Kodiak means maybe putting another 8 miles on the mini-van.)

Then we decided to take a trip out to the base and grab some groceries. Of course, we are not the only family with that plan. I ran into the nice young man that had Thanksgiving Dinner with us way back in November. As we stood waiting to get down the same crowded grocery aisle, we made polite chit-chat. Megan tried to interrupt me to tell me something and Joshua cut her off saying, "Don't bother Mommy, she's talking to her boyfriend." I'm sure that will give the gossipers something good to talk about for a few weeks. I smiled about it all day.


We went to dinner at a friend's house tonight. On the way there, I waved to one of the neighbors that was outside. Megan asked who I was waving to and I told her, "Miss Peggy". Then I look back to see tears streaming down her face and I ask her what's wrong. Her answer: "I didn't get to see Miss Piggy."

4 comments:

Zach and Beth said...

Your blog always makes me smile. I just love your kids.

SoggyToad said...

You are too funny. I love reading about your adventures. I hope all is going well with the house stuff and that you guys are enjoying an apparently approaching spring.

Rachel Holloway said...

That is so funny! Your Megan sure does sound very sensitive...what a sweet girl!

Mrs. Darling said...

Oh the poor little girl! How sweet is that!