Friday, February 22, 2008

Lunch Out the Ladies

Today was my friend, Maria's, going away luncheon at The Old Powerhouse. Keith had to bring me some paperwork that he had picked up at the Coast Guard legal office in regard to selling the house, so we arranged for him to hangout and watch the kids. I got dressed in real clothes - not the usual mommy-uniform which usually consists of a sweatshirt and sneakers. It was fun to wear a shirt that I had actually ironed, and to be trendy for a while.

Predicting that we might be a loud and rowdy group, the hostess sat us in the back room. Because we were the only people there, we stood at the windows and chatted and took in the wildlife. There were about 12 of us.
This huge eagle was just sitting there looking in the window. He was watching the people in the front room eating their food.
There were a group of sea lions playing around and this little guy was on his way to join them.

And then the Tusty went by and we all sighed and remembered that this would be our last lunch together with Maria at the Powerhouse. We all laughed and had a good time and talked about our adventures that led us to Kodiak.


Me (in the red) and Maria. I'm squatting down between her chair and the highchair that Emma (her little girl) is in. I had to crop the picture so that you all wouldn't see the amazing deserts we were eating.

2 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

What a fun outing! It is SO necessary for some girl time--for SURE! I am glad you got out! And what BEAUTIFUL pictures of the wildlife!! WOW!! I bet you will miss that part of living there!

Anonymous said...

but I WANT to see the desserts! :)