Thursday, August 28, 2008

A day at the doctor's office

This morning, Keith had his procedure with Dr. H, the G.I. doctor. He was definately grumpy because he couldn't eat dinner last night or breakfast this morning. I really liked the nursing staff at this office, they were very informative with their patient teaching. The nurse even allowed Me and Daniel to go back to the prep area while Keith got his IV put in. Then we parted ways - Keith off to the procedure room and Daniel and I to the waiting room. I let the receptionist know that Daniel and I would be out back of the clinic. There was a nice view and a cool breeze, it was a great place to wait.
Daniel colored in his new hotwheels coloring book. I finished reading a book. When Daniel saw that I had put my book down, he asked for it so that he could make a house for his dinosaur. He's such an imaginative little guy. He made the house and put the dinosaur in there.
After the procedure, we pulled into the nearest place to eat. Daniel loves to indulge in a Frosty.

We did manage to get some questions answered today after the colonoscopy. Keith is back on antibiotics for the next 10 days. They sent off a biopsy today and we'll get those results back next week sometime.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you have some answers. And that picture of Daniel with the Frosty melts my heart (and really makes me want to go buy one!)

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for the update. I will continue to pray that the results from the biopsy come back sooner than expected and with great news. We miss you so much. I can't believe how big they've gotten over the summer!

Beth

Delwin said...

Hello:

I really got a kick out of The Radical Prayer book being used for the dinosaur house here. I'm sure Pastor Morris would be proud to see his book being put to such good use by such a capable builder. :-)

Pastor Delwin
Web Church Pastor-FLC