Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Snow day!!

We got quite a bit of snow in the past 24-36 hours. The wind has created some amazing drifts. Near our front door, the snow is pretty deep. Poor Daniel, it was up over his knees making it hard for him to walk. After he moved into the center of the yard, he was a happy camper. He was trying to make snow balls. He kept calling them people and giving them little voices and letting the snow-ball people talk to each other. He's got quite an imagination.

Megan looks distraught because she wants to go over and play on the big snow pile that is currently partially blocking our neighbor's mailbox. (Don't worry Dorvals, we've cleared a path for the mail man.) This big snow pile is the result of the plow coming straight down the center of the cul-de-sac and stacking the snow in this one spot.
After I shoveled part of the driveway (Keith had to go into work early), I finally allowed the kids to play on the big snow mound. They were climbing up one side and sliding down the other. It was a good time had by all of them. While outside, I broke the news to a few of our neighbors that we would be putting the house up for sale in the next couple of weeks.
I also continued on our cleaning quest today. I was delighted to bring some baby boy clothes over to the cutest new guy on our block.

6 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

WOW! I am so glad for our warmer sunny day yesterday. That snow is just more than I want to see here right now! :) (though, the kids do love snow)

Your children are just so precious!! I can't get over how darn cute they are!

Mrs. Darling said...

OH we want that snow. We got about 2 inches than it promprly melted. The kids are so cute out there playing. Your daughter does looks so distressed! LOl Bless her heart.

Donnetta said...

Yes, a scene much like what we have right now. Snow, snow and more snow.

The next storm is entering our area as I am typing this...

Enjoy yours there! And Stay Warm!!

Unknown said...

We'd love just a tiny bit of that snow as well. Just enough for a fun afternoon, but not enough to bring East Texas to a grinding halt!

Zach and Beth said...

We loved watching the kids play on the snow mound. We were wishing the kids didn't have colds so we could take them out to play. Oh, and we LOVE the clothes! Thank you so much!

Becky @ BoysRuleMyLife said...

That's a lot of snow! Down here in AL we're lucky to get a few flurries!

I love the kids' hats, too! My oldest son has a dragon tail hat and I love seeing him in it!

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and taking a few minutes to crack up over the hilarity of my life! :) I'm so glad you did! Come back soon!

I've added you to my bloglines, so I'll be back...

Stay warm!