Sunday, January 6, 2008

Sadness in Kodiak tonight

I was tempted earlier tonight when I posted about our day, to add that we had been listening to the radio and checking the internet frequently for updates about a plane that had crashed into the ocean today at the Kodiak Airport. However, I didn't because I try to keep our home page a happy place.

It was a small commuter plane from Servant Airways leaving Kodiak and heading to Homer.

I just found out about an hour ago that the pilot was the husband of my friend and former co-worker, Judy. Robin did not survive the crash; he was one of 6 casualties. Please keep Judy in your thoughts, as well as their two college age sons, Doug and Randy.


http://www.adn.com/ (updated link takes you to the Anchorage Daily News, you can find the article on the first page)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw that on CCs. How sad...my prayers are with all those affected. :(

Mrs. Darling said...

Sorry to hear this!