Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Is this a healthy relationship?

I think I have a problem...I'm absolutely crazy about my Kitchenaid mixer. Keith (who I'm even more crazy about) bought me the mixer a couple of years ago for Christmas. Since then, we've purchased some attachments for it. I love the shredder attachment - I just shredded 3 heads of cabbage and 5 lbs of carrots for cole slaw and carrot/banana muffins. But even more than the shredder, I LOVE the plastic splash guard. The kids can help pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients without making a mess, but more importantly, without coming anywhere close to the moving mixing paddle. Tonight we made chocolate chip cookies. Which I then ate about 6 of them after the kids went to bed as I sat on the couch watching The Biggest Loser. And now I feel guilty, so I won't eat any more until tomorrow.


Joshua had a great day of school today. We did a lot of dancing around and jumping on the trampoline today as a way of reinforcing Right foot and Left foot. I think we sang the Father Abraham song at least 5 different times today. Joshua and Megan helped teach Daniel how to do the Hokey-Pokey.
Here is Joshua reading from the Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons. The story is on one page and the picture is on the other page. At Joshua's request, we cover the picture so he can guess from his reading what the picture will be of.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My (future) mother-in-law has had her Kitchenaid for over 25 years - she has named it "Gertie". If Gertie starts to sound like she's getting old, she takes Gertie in to the shop for "D&C's" & "hip replacements". When she bakes wedding cakes, she travels across country by car (rather than flying) so that she can take Gertie with her. She will accept no substitute.

I know that it's not always healthy to evaluate yourself as compared to another person; I simply wanted to let you know that you are not the only person who has a real love relationship with her mixer.

The Little Wife said...

Way to go Joshua!

And, as to you relationship, it may be unhealthy, but it's heavenly. ;) I, too, adore my Kitchenaid. It's sinful really.

Mrs. Darling said...

Ive been an unhealthy relationsip with my kitchen aid for 20 years now. Im actually on my second one. Dont ya just love em?

Zach and Beth said...

I've stayed away from the KitchenAid thus far, but I don't know how much longer I can stand it!

I'm so proud of Josh for his reading. I love that he wants to guess what the picture will be! He's so clever, that boy!

Oh, and we love the Father Abraham song over here too. Ok, so I love to make Donavyn do Father Abraham, she just smiles and looks at me like I'm nuts...which I am.