Friday, January 11, 2008

Hairy monkey-boys

It was a hair-cut day for the kids today. Keith got to take a free half-day off of work today. I guess as a bonus for having lost a certain amount of weight since their weigh-in day last year. Keith has worked hard and is now back to his pre-pregnancy weight. :) Seriously though, could you just imagine if all of our jobs started weighing us and doing neck and belly measurements?

So to celebrate Keith being home during the day, I got to get out for some errands without the kids. I actually got to use a real grocery cart today, not the gigantic pain-in-the-behind-doesn't-steer-in-the-direction-I-want-to-go truck cart. I went to Safeway to grab a few things. I don't understand why the bananas in the produce section are always neon green, but the bananas in the center of the cereal isle are perfect. Of course, I'm sure there's some marketing ploy going on there, but for me, I just head straight to the cereal isle for bananas, then zip back to produce for the rest of the fruits/veggies.

After the groceries were put away, we decided to give the kids haircuts. It becomes an assembly line of sorts. Joshua went first with Keith doing the cutting, and me helping him take a big-boy shower. Then it was Megan's turn (I didn't get any good pictures of her, because it was just a quick trim of the bangs and I didn't have time to grab the camera). Then she went in the tub.
Look at all that hair on his shoulders! He thought it was so cool that he was all hairy. Next up was Daniel. Look at him with the hairy back and pooched out belly. And yes, he's wearing a pink princess pull-up because it was under the sink in the bathroom and I put it on him after he successfully used the potty. After his haircut, Daniel went in the tub that Megan was in. She got pulled out to get jammies on and dry her hair, and Daniel swam in the tub for a bit.





No comments: