Saturday, December 10, 2011

Tesniere Family Christmas Party

My sisters and I had decided that we weren't going to exchange gifts between families this year. However, I just can't arrive at the annual Tesniere Christmas Party with empty hands. So, I came up with the idea of a practical gift and bought new pillows for my 5 nieces and nephews. Some inexpensive (thank you, Marshals!) pillow cases and some quality time with my sewing/embroidering machine later and voila!...inexpensive, fun something new for the kids.


Here's a shot of the kids this morning as we are on our way out the door for church. We came home from church, had a small snack, changed clothes and loaded up the minivan for the ride over to Nana's house in the Daytona Beach area.

Not to being able to give up the weekly Sabbath nap, Daniel passed out cold in the back of the van.
Daniel brought Nana one of his Sabbath School crafts. She loved it! Then we moved out onto the porch to have lunch with the other grandkids.


Say cheese! What a goofy group. The ran around like wild Indians outside with the weather got cooler and cooler.

Mom let me borrow one of Bill's old jackets - brrrrr....

Nana's second Christmas tree. Her house is very festive both inside and out.

Alexis opening up her new pillow. I think all the kids liked them.

I've seen these three stockings for years and years - they were our stockings from when we were kids.

The Christmas tree in the kitchen. So cute!

Megan was so excited to open up a basket full of Madeline stuff. How exciting.


Joshua really likes his aircraft carrier.

Oh my goodness....is that a Superman snuggie?



Oh, yes, it sure is.
That's right, ladies. He's all mine.

Daniel likes his Big Foot dinosaur thing a lot.

Then we walked next door to check out Pam's house.

I see Chewbacca is all decorated for the holidays.

Austin was telling me, "no, you can't have our tree".

We had a great time. It's always so much fun to see Nana and my sisters and all the cousins.

No comments: