Monday, December 26, 2011

Kale Chips

We have a bearded dragon, Walle, and he loves dark leafy greens. Sometimes it causes some serious mommy-guilt that one of our pets eats more nutrient-dense foods than my kids sometimes! While I was in the kitchen planning our Christmas Eve lunch, I came across a recipe for Kale Chips. Bunch of Organic Kale
1 tsp EVOO
Pinch of salt

1. Pull kale leaves off of hard stock. Tear into potato chip size pieces.
2. Toss all kale chip leaves in bowl with EVOO and salt to ensure even coverage.
3. Bake at 350 for 6-8 minutes.

Reviews:
Daniel crushed them all up in his bowl.
Megan tried to drown them in water.
Joshua ate a few and asked for an orange.
The hubby scarfed down his bowl and ate all the kids (even the ones Daniel crushed) and asked for more.
I thought they were great and will make them again soon.

I think the biggest problem isn't the taste, or that they are green, or that they are vegetables...I think the biggest problem is that I can't compete with this....
the plate full of junk food that came home from just one classroom's holiday party.

Be sure to check out the tab at the top of the page. I'll be going through the blog over the next few days to label each of the recipes and merge our old recipe blog onto this one to share our tasty treats (and some flops) with everyone.

No comments: