Thursday, June 19, 2008

If you're grumpy and you know it...

The kids get up around 7am. They go to bed around 8pm. Daniel has been fighting taking a nap. It's a tough call, if he naps in the afternoon, then he's up until about 10:30pm. Today, he fell asleep during the 4 minute ride to the post office. I had to go into the office to sign for my letter (yippee, my snazzy looking diploma finally came), so I scooped him up over my shoulder and he slept on me the entire time we were in there. He managed to take a 30 minute nap and that seemed to take the edge off of the grumpiness.

Joshua is having a blast at GOAL camp this week. They went to Blizzard Beach on Wednesday this week. I was very anxious about sending him. Infact, he had a cold on Tuesday, and I was secretly hoping he would still be feeling under the weather on Wednesday so that he couldn't go. He isn't a strong swimmer. I finally came to peace with the decision to send him on the trip after I grilled the group of counselors with my multiple questions. When it came time to pick him up from camp, I had at least 5 different people mention that Joshua had to be rescued by a life guard, but it wasn't anything scary. The poor little guy went down a small water slide, got to the end and couldn't figure out how to get across the pool - he just bobbed along in the water with his swimming vest on. The life guard had to help him get out of the way so the next person could go down the water slide.




1 comment:

Rachel Holloway said...

That's a face for the books! :)