Saturday, March 9, 2013

Thanksgiving 2012

We celebrated Thanksgiving at Keith's parents' house a few blocks over.  It was a little confusing at first because I had set the kids out nice clothes to wear since we were going to be visiting with Keith's sister, Ami and her family.  Then about an hour before we were due to leave, Keith's dad calls and asks something about basketballs and going to the park.  Now the kids weren't dressed in church clothes, but they also weren't dressed in park clothes, so we shuffled around and got everyone changed into a good mix where they could still be in play clothes, but not look like little ruffians.  Sometimes I think folks who aren't living "in the thick of it" so to speak, have no idea the amount of prep that goes into getting 3 kids out the door.  I'm all about going to the park, or any other outdoor activity, but I think the breakdown in communication frustrated me because I had spent my evening before making sure everyone had clean and ironed clothes to wear instead of studying for school like I needed to be.  

After some wardrobe changes for the kids, and setting out clothes for me to wear later that night for work, we were out the door and on our way!



Daniel helping to get the food on the table. 



Actually, I think he was checking every thing out as he was putting it on the table. 


Sweet Megan waiting on everyone else to join her at the table.  She's no fool, she knows that when Grandma says lunch is ready to get moving because there is probably something delicious on the table. 


Joshua and Nicholas playing chess together. 


The whole group, minus Grandpa.

It was a great dinner and really fun company.  It was nice to visit with Ami and her family.  Ashley did not join us, as she is now expecting and decided to stay in Atlanta.

No comments: