Tuesday, July 15, 2008

We must be having fun...

We must be having fun because time is flying by. I've got a bunch of great pictures on my camera from all sorts of silliness during our errand running the past few days. I only have time right now to do a few pictures. Megan and Daniel went with Keith and I to Cycle World in Daytona Beach. Keith needed to order a part for his motorcycle, so the kids and I spent some time looking around. The sales floor had a small area with bikes bolted to the ground for kids to sit on. Of course, our crew are all too small for anything like this, but it's fun to see them pretending.

The hot afternoons force us to take refuge inside for some quiet time. Lately, quiet time for the kids means crazy phone call/email returning time for me. We close on our new house in 7 days, which means reading and re-reading many legal forms. School starts here on August 11. I was shocked when I found out! It seems like that's still the middle of summer-time to me. I was in frenzy trying to finish getting the kids stuff together for the new school year. Joshua and Megan are going to visit the school again in the morning. There is still some question about which grade Joshua will be in this year. It looks as though many of the 1st graders are seasoned 6 year olds, some going on 7 soon. While Joshua will be just turning 6 a couple of weeks before school starts. Scholastically, he's one of the smartest people I know. He picks up concepts so quickly, and his reading is amazing. I worry that if he repeats K he'll be bored. But I also worry that I don't want him to be the smallest boy in his class.

Keith is in the ER at the hospital in Clearwater. Today was his first day checking in to his new duty station and he had been feeling poorly for a few days. He managed to bump up his appointment with the medical people on base, who then wrote a prescription for him to go to the ER for a CT scan. Poor guy, he's been running fevers and complaining of serious abdominal pain.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is Keith doing better now?? Everything ok?? I love your site Mary, someday I will teach myself how to do this for our family too. Hope all is well with you'all. We are doing wonderful in the hills of Virginia. Later-Jess,Luke & Kane.

Lisa said...

Hope Keith is feeling better! You've all been busy, now I'm catching up, love all the pics!

The Little Wife said...

Any news? I've been thinking of you guys all day. I hope all is well.