Sunday, April 27, 2008

What happened to Spring?

We've all been busy with getting the house in order for the big move. We are moving into the Guest House on base Monday night in preparation for the packers to arrive Tuesday morning. This is what we woke up to yesterday (was that just yesterday? I think I'm still on East Coast time.) I told Keith I didn't even want to look outside. Any hesitation about leaving Kodiak has now fled from my mind. I truely am not a "snow at the end of April" kindof person. I went to Wal-mart today and laughed about the gardening supplies, swingsets and kiddie pools that are up against the side of the store covered in snow. It looks like we were all excited about the warm weather.
Even though we were bummed out about the snow, it still make everything look pretty one last time.
While I was cleaning and sorting through the craft supplies, I came across our favorite bubbles. These bubbles rock - they are not the usual drippy, sticky, messy bubbles. They don't pop right away, so the kids can actually enjoy them.
In fact, hours after we had played with the bubbles, I found some lingering on the kids table and chair set. We've gone to bed many times only to wake up and still see the bubbles clinging to the couch. I've been busted at the grocery store on more than one occaision for sporting bubbles in my hair.
Even Meow-meow plays when we are dancing with the bubbles. She was chasing them, until one fell on her tail. Then she sat there patiently until Daniel came along and popped it.

1 comment:

Amber said...

What a week ahead of you! I guess the snow just wants to say goodbye, too. ;)

Those bubbles look so neat!

Love you, Mary.