Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Recently Overheard

There have been quite a few funnies happening around here and I keep trying to remember to write them down....

The morning after the presidential inauguration, I was watching a re-cap on CNN and the crowd was chanting "Yes we can!". Daniel came flying into the family room and jumped up onto the couch, looked at me and said, "where's Bob the Builder?" (The originator of the "yes we can" slogan.)

A couple of days ago, I was grocery shopping with the kids. We always stop by the lobster tank and say hello to the lobsters. The grocer that was behind the seafood counter asked if we wanted any lobster or shrimp. Before I had a chance to answer, Joshua told him, "no thank you, we don't eat that". Which prompted the grocer to look at me funny, but then ask Joshua why not. Without missing a beat Joshua explained that, "those animals eat the garbage from the bottom of the ocean floor, and then when people eat them, they are eating the garbage that the animals ate". I was pretty impressed with his explanation, and apparently the grocer was as well because he said, "I guess I'm not going to be eating any of that anymore."

4 comments:

SoggyToad said...

Your kids are too funny! I love the things they say, thanks so much for sharing :)

Anonymous said...

So smart!!!!

Wild Banks' said...

Thank you for that laugh! Your kids are so much fun!

Zach and Beth said...

I just adore your kids. They make me smile.