Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Yogurt Snack

I will confess that I made my children throw away all of their socks and school shoes a few days ago. The playground at school is a big dirt/sand field, and now that school is over, it's time for some new (clean) shoes. Off we went to Target for new socks for everyone. It was ridiculously hot out and we needed to run by the craft store, so we stopped for some yogurt on the way. I had never been to a make-your-own-yogurt-sundae place and so I wasn't sure how the whole thing worked. The kids really liked the variety and the opportunity to mix flavors.
Daniel is eating a chocolate yogurt with maraschino cherries, mini-marshmallows and fruity pebbles on top. Mine was very ordinary: cheesecake yogurt with jimmies.

Yuck. Megan likes too many flavors at once for my taste! She had chocolate yogurt, rainbow sprinkles, chocolate sauce, mini kisses, mini peanut butter cups and popping bobas.

Joshua had a citrus yogurt with strawberries and pineapples.

So what exactly are these popping bobas? They seem to be a new thing and the kids thought they were very fun! And they tasted pretty good too.

Into the craft store, we purchased glue-sticks and crayons for the "busy boxes" that we keep in the dining room. This keeps craft stuff always around to occupy little hands.


And just because I feel like we look so perfect in our blog postings - allow my to include a picture of Megan fresh out of the shower with one of my t-shirts on. Why is she wearing one of my t-shirts?....Because she had no clean jammies. That's right, I'm crazy behind on laundry. So much so that I proudly wore Christmas socks to work one day last week. Although, I did iron my scrubs (because they had been sitting in a ball in the dryer for two days!).

No comments: