Monday, November 12, 2007

We're Off to See the Wizard!


Today I took Megan and her friend Ava to see the Wizard of Oz performed at the Gerald C. Wilson Auditorium. While it made for a fun girls afternoon out, my ulterior motive was to get them to see how fabulous live performances are, in a feeble effort to prepare them for their Nutcracker debut. I was absolutely shocked at the level of talent here in Kodiak. Everything was magnificent - from the set to the costumes to the singing and dancing. Absolutely amazing!
Megan informed me that she needed a dress like Dorothy's. So there it is. Unfortunately, ruby slippers were not to be found anywhere in Kodiak, so she made do with her pink sequined shoes (thanks Grandma!). As luck would have it, we sat in very good seats. The characters kept coming up and down the isles, which the girls loved. They both got a little scared at the flying monkeys scene because of the shrieking. But at the end, they were clapping wildly and jumping up and down.

1 comment:

The Little Wife said...

I took my DD to see it in Southern NH over the summer. It was great and she loved it too! I'm glad Megan enjoyed it.