Monday, October 8, 2007

Is it really October already?

This is what happens when Daniel decides to play instead of take a nap. I was cooking dinner and told him to go play in his room. After a little while he was too quiet, so I checked on him and found him sound asleep. He's cute, but he's a tough cookie.

Here's a picture of daddy checking out Daniel's hair, all I heard was something about being out of regulation and hair growing over his ears. Then the scissors came out and Daniel started laughing. Apparently, getting a haircut is funny stuff.

While waiting for the tub to fill up, we had enough time for everyone's favorite game of 'where's your belly?'. It always ends in Daniel laughing and saying 'right there'. Then we pick parts of his body that he can find, such as his ear, his toes. Then we really start laughing when we pick parts of his body he doesn't know yet. It took him forever to find his elbow.
It must have been a Wednesday night. Wednesday night is AWANA night. It gets a little crazy dropping Daniel off in the nursery, Megan off in the Cubbie room and Joshua goes with me into the sanctuary where the Sparks meet. Last week we had a fire drill. We needed to get it out of the way before the weather got too cold. There is snow on the mountains right now. I've had many people tell me that snow on the higher elevations means snow on the lower elevations in the next few weeks. Yikes....there was already some really white looking rain coming down the other day on the way out of ballet with Megan.
Here is one of our science experiments. We are learning about things that are alive and plants and animals. We did the whole trick where you put celery in colored water and then it changes the colors on the celery leaves. Joshua was pretty excited. We also made a collage collecting all the seeds from all the different foods we ate that had seeds in them. That was going really well until we ate a peach. The pit is still on the counter top, I couldn't get it to stay on the collage. Duct tape? Joshua has now decided that he would like to be like Johnny Appleseed, so we've been collecting all of our apple seeds and putting them in a baggie, so Joshua can plant them across the country. We decided he should wait until he's big enough to drive by himself, by then we'll have a lot of seeds.

Other big fun stuff going on...I signed up for a spinning class that I'll be taking two days a week. It is getting too dark too soon for me to get out and run as frequently as I'd like. So to shake up my fitness routine, I'll be doing some indoor biking. I did a practice session for just about 30 minutes and it seems like something I'm really going to enjoy.

Mark your calendars, the Nutcracker is the weekend of December 7th. Megan will be making her debut as a bunny. Megan has really gotten attached to one of the teacher's helpers, Britta. It's so cute how excited she is to see Britta when she gets there.

We went to an open house to celebrate the new office for our homeschool contact person. The kids were totally fascinated by the fact that her office wall has some treatment under the paint that makes the wall magnetic. The kids were playing with all the magnets on the wall and just having a blast. I'll have to remember that for the next house, it would be a great way to display the kids' artwork.

Daniel had his last weekend in the nursery during the church service. Next weekend he 'graduates' to the 2 and 3 year old room. Megan is very excited that Daniel will be in her room. I'm very sad that he's going to be 2 in just a matter of days. I'm still looking for ways to keep him small, and I'm open for suggestions.

No comments: