Friday, October 12, 2007

Happy Birthday Daniel!!

Daniel had a great time celebrating his second birthday this week. It's amazing what a difference just one year makes. He has really become quite an interesting little person. We have so many parties and festivities to go to in the next few weeks, that we decided to just do a small cake and icecream type party for just the 5 of us.


Going to school full-time this semester has definitly help me to decide that I will only be a part time student next year. There just doesn't seem to be enough time in my day to do all the things I want to do. And since all of you failed to come up with any legal ways to keep the kids small, I figure I better slow down a bit and really enjoy these days because before I know it, they'll be complaining about their college work loads, too. I think a big problem this semester is that my classes have been general ed. classes that I probably should have taken 10 years ago. However, I have really enjoyed the Lessons for Living course I've been taking this semester. Next week, I begin a class in Community Health. I'm looking forward to it. I'll be back in my comfort zone of nursing classes and writing papers about nursing related issues. Last week, I faxed in my application to review my transcripts in preparation to graduate in the Spring. I also ordered a new nursing pin and completed the graduation ceremony paperwork. Graduation is scheduled for the end of April sometime, so if the timing of the big move works out, it will be great to actually meet the people that I've been talking to on-line for the past two years.
Joshua's homeschooling is going great. I think he really enjoys the time we get to spend together. I looked up the suggested reading list for the Kindergarteners at FLEC (possibly his elementary school next year after the big move), and we plan on reading some of those books. I did just get a HUGE box of curriculum materials from Calvert. Wow...it was overwhelming just opening the box. But then I realized there was all sorts of fun things in there like modeling clay and yarn and other craft supplies. Not to mention all the easy to read books and fun music CDs.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Happy (belated) Birthday, Daniel. I enjoyed visiting with your mom at the Open House, though there was not time to do enough of it.

What a great journal your mom is creating for your family. I love reading about all the things your family does.

Thank you for sharing your family's life with me.
Sincerely, Miss Barb