Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!

The kids all had Valentine's Day celebrations in their classes this week. Joshua brought in Transformer valentines that had pencils attached to them. Megan picked out Disney Princess valentines. Her valentines came with tattoos in the box, and I struggled with sending them to the class or not. In the end, for a multitude of reasons that might seem silly, I decided to toss the tattoos, and just send in the little cards. Megan didn't even know the tattoos were in there, and I'm not even sure if she knows what a tattoo is anyway. Daniel picked out some Lightening McQueen cards to bring into his class. Daniel was also assigned to bring some fruit in for his class party, so we made a yummy fruit salad of strawberries, blackberries and blueberries.

This morning it was just me and the three kids at church. It seemed like everyone wanted to sit on me all at the same time. I finally ended up with Megan on my lap, which upset Daniel greatly. He does not like to share me. Joshua was absolutely adorable today. The children's story was about a heroic rescue from a fire. During the story, Pastor Morris picked up Joshua and put Joshua over his shoulder in a firefighter-type carry. Joshua was just giggling away. He's such a fun little guy, I'm so lucky he's mine.

Today we had pot-luck after church. The kids and I had such a good time with good friends. And we had lots of yummy food.

The potluck theme was Italian. We brought in a baked spinach ravioli dish and chocolate cup cakes. While the ravioli dish was warming, I was in my fridge getting a drink and I realized I had an absurdly large amount of crescent rolls, so I tossed a few packages into the oven to bring up to the church. You can never have too much food at potluck, right?

Daniel was thrilled to be able to just PLAY in the Cradle Roll room. He has claimed the airplanes for himself. We finally came home from church around 3:30pm. Then we played outside until it was too dark to see each other anymore. When we came inside the kids washed up, then Joshua read to the little kids about Zaccheaus while I chopped up some apples.

Now all the little ones are finally in bed. I've got an exciting Valentine's evening ahead of me - Sleepless in Seattle is on TV and there is a mountain of laundry waiting to go into the washing machine. Keith will be here in the morning, and I don't want to have to do a bunch of chores during the little bit of time we get to spend together.



No comments: