Sunday, March 29, 2009

FLA 15 year reunion

This weekend was Keith's 15 year high school reunion. It was at Lake Lotus park in Maitland. I was pleasantly surprised at what a fantastic park this is. The park ranger drove up on his golf cart 4 different times with 4 different animals. He brought out some snakes, then a rabbit, then an alligator and then another reptile. Most of the kids and adults were pretty excited to see the animals.

I did not go to FLA, I went to public school. So I wasn't even going to go to the reunion since Keith couldn't go. But my dear friend, Jennifer, who went to high school with Keith and then college with me, told me that I had better be at the reunion! It was soo good to see Jennifer! (And everyone else, but seeing Jennifer brought back some great college memories!). Keith's friend, Troy, was able to come for a short time. His wife, Monica, also went to college with me and Jennifer, so it was really fun to see her, too. I took a few other pictures that I'll put up on Facebook later this week when I have more time.
Daniel claimed the Jeep as his own, and offered to drive the rest of the kids around the park. Joshua loved the giant tire. He kept climbing up and then jumping down. Megan couldn't quite get herself to the top of the tire, but it sure was cute to watch her struggle.

Overall, it was a great time, I sure wish Keith would have been able to be there with us.

2 comments:

Mrs. Darling said...

Wow that does look like a fun park. Everything truly is more fun with our men along isnt it?

SoggyToad said...

What fun! I wish we had a few more parks here.