Tuesday, May 5, 2009

We've been a little MIA

About 2 weeks ago, I left work early because I was sick. I toughed it out for a few days at home and then finally ended up at the clinic and subsequently on antibiotics for strep. I can count on one hand in my entire 33 years the amount of times I've been on oral antibiotics. I will also mention that every time I've taken oral antibiotics, I've broken out head-to-toe in a rash. So the doctor and I had a nice long talk (seriously, he was one of the nicest doctors, ever). Anyway after talking about the pros vs. cons of going on antibiotics, I left the clinic with my subscription for gigantic pills with orders to take them for the next 10 days. I'm sure the suspense is killing all of you, but yes, as per usual events, yesterday was day 10 and voila - head-to-toe rash, right on cue. It's not as bright red today, and now there is just a little bit of the rash left on my face and my neck and chest. Thank goodness, because Joshua's class is going to Wet N Wild on Thursday and I'm going as a helper - bad enough I have to wear a swimsuit and I've had all school year to lose these last 10 pounds and I haven't. Much less, I have to go looking like a page from A Bad Case of the Stripes. This picture was from a few months ago (notice the long hair). It's classic Megan in the morning. She's like a teenager in the morning - it's pure torture to get her out of bed. It's pretty funny how she comes out with her hair a mess and her eyes all puffy. Thank goodness Keith was home last week because I was really slow getting motivated in the morning and he was able to bring the kids to school, saving me over 30 minutes off my morning commute. My office is really only 10 minutes away from my house. But I probably spend over 50% of my time at the main hospital about 30 minutes from the house (not really a full 30 minutes of driving, but I give myself that long because of the parking garages and trekking across the hospital to get to wherever I'm going).
This little guy here is getting so big so fast. Tonight Keith wasn't home, so it was just the kids and I. We all went swimming in the pool right after dinner. Daniel likes to "swim like a dragon fly", which is basically when someone hands him 2 noodles and he puts them together across his chest, tucks them under his arms like long dragon fly wings and jumps off the stairs. He kicks his little legs with all his might and propels himself across the pool. I'll need to get some video of this, because it's hilarious. I thought about running back inside to get the camera, but the kids were already starting to get in the pool, and I don't even let them in the backyard when there's not an adult out there. Especially since Megan fell in the pool last week. She was in her swimsuit and we were sitting on the edge, she got up to go sit on one of the stairs and lost her balance. She panicked and didn't realize that she could stand up to rescue herself. I reached in and held her hand and made her stand up and walk herself out. After some hugs and kisses she was fine.
My benadryl is kicking in and I'm slurring the words in my head, so it must be time for me to go get in bed.


Dayfamilyof4 said...

Oh goodness! I hope you are feeling substantially better.

Anonymous said...

That stinks! I'm glad you're feeling better though.