Friday, September 17, 2010

Homework!

The kids are really enjoying school, and they are learning so much! I have to say that the homework is a bit of a challenge for us. I think we are finally falling into our groove with it, though.Megan gave her teacher a good giggle when she colored a picture of her favorite summer activity as sleeping! Yes, sleeping - she really is turning into a teenager right before my very eyes. And then every once in a while I get reminded by a little something like the backwards "g" in her name on the paper above that she really is just a little first-grader.

Joshua wrote a story about the time his Ruffy dog was left behind at daycare, and it was a cold snowy night and I sent Keith back out to the base to pick up the dog. Thankfully, Ruffy was sitting under a streetlight and after a little bath, was good as new. Joshua still sleeps with his Ruffy.
Trying to keep us organized, we hung some hooks and a cork board in the dining room, since it seems to be the hub of the morning activities. The kids come home with papers, projects, books, homework, lunch packs, and other very important items like smelly pencils. With everything in one spot, I've been able to pack up most things the night before, since morning time is hectic at our house.

2 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

it's been forever since you posted! I've sure missed reading from you!!
I LOVE...LOOOOOOVE (and am SO jealous of) your little organized area in your dining room. I CAN'T WAIT for that kind of space!!! SO cool!

SoggyToad said...

You are so organized! I love it! Thanks for sharing the kids work, makes me want to grab the scanner and show yall some of Sage's :) I probably will!